– Reports of circuit impact into the CityFibre TSC
– CityFibre TSC engaged CityFibre NOC for initial investigations
– CityFibre NOC confirmed an issue seen on active monitoring
– MI process engaged
– MI accepted
– Internal Bridge call scheduled
– NOC investigations ongoing with several examples of affected circuits provided from information gathering by TSC
– Further impact to Consumer circuits discovered and acknowledged
– NOC investigations determined an issue within the core network emanating from a specific location
– NOC contacted hardware supplier and raised a Priority 1 case
– All logs provided to hardware supplier for analysis
– Internal Bridge call convened
– Conference call between CityFibre NOC and hardware supplier convened
– Following discussions between CityFibre NOC and our hardware supplier, there have been developments on this incident in regards to restoration.
– It has been found that the origin point of the issue is on a line card situated within a core network device.
– Soft clear of card performed without success
– Full remote reboot of card performed which was successful for a period of approx. 30 mins before the issue manifested again
– Further internal call held with CityFibre NOC and Hardware Supplier to agree next steps
– Escalation made to Hardware Supplier confirm part availability and Engineer ETA
– Part sourcing resolved
Current Action Plan:
Awaiting transfer of parts to nearest Slough location, this is in progress and ETA of parts to this location is 03:45. Once arrived engineer will collet and make his way to the Slough Datatcentre and will commence Card swapout.
We should be able to estimate arrival time of engineer to Datacentre on the next update