– Reports of circuit impact into the CityFibre TSC
– CityFibre TSC engaged CityFibre NOC for initial investigations
– CityFibre NOC confirmed an issue seen on active monitoring
– MI process engaged
– MI accepted
– Internal Bridge call scheduled
– NOC investigations ongoing with several examples of affected circuits provided from information gathering by TSC
– Further impact to Consumer circuits discovered and acknowledged
– NOC investigations determined an issue within the core network emanating from a specific location
– NOC contacted hardware supplier and raised a Priority 1 case
– All logs provided to hardware supplier for analysis
– Internal Bridge call convened
– Conference call between CityFibre NOC and hardware supplier convened
– Following discussions between CityFibre NOC and our hardware supplier, there have been developments on this incident in regards to restoration.
– It has been found that the origin point of the issue is on a line card situated within a core network device.
– Soft clear of card performed without success
– Full remote reboot of card performed which was successful for a period of approx. 30 mins before the issue manifested again
– Further internal call held with CityFibre NOC and Hardware Supplier to agree next steps
– Escalation made to Hardware Supplier confirm part availability and Engineer ETA
– Part sourcing resolved
-Engineer details confirmed and will be collecting at 0700.
-Access request to DC in confirmed
-Issue with retrieving parts from location resolved
– Engineer attended Slough DC
-Engineer has completed card swap successfully
-Testing and checks completed
-Network stability confirmed
-CityFibre NOC Engineers have advised they are seeing network instability issues and are currently investigating.
-Initial assessment appears to have identified that post the reintroduction of traffic following repairs stability was observed to deteriorate. This recovery step has been reverted
-Investigation continued with diagnostics being carried out on the Network Device. Network traffic remains rerouted and services have been observed as stable at this time.
– Card causing alarms remains out of service
-Resilient links remain carrying traffic mitigating any remaining impact to services previously utilising that card and to prevent any further service disruption by our planned restoration activity.
– Engineers swapped the Card causing alarms successfully at 19:25
– Network Stability has been seen since Card replacement
Network Cards at two network locations replaced.
The remaining two costed out links are internal to CityFibre and there is no impact to customers and will be forward managed separately
Resolved: 14:31 (Customer impact resolved post card Swap out at 19:25 on Saturday 23rd July)